Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Governess of Highland Hall


A Governess of Highland Hall is a historical novel by Carrie Turansky.  Julia Foster has resigned herself to be a spinster and finds fulfillment in missionary work in India.  She has to return to England due to her father’s failing health and becomes a governess to support her family.  Sir William Ramsey is widowed, has two unruly children to raise and has inherited an estate that is on the brink of financial ruin.  He finds himself drawn to the new governess for her strong faith, wisdom and love for the children.  Julia only plans to stay at Highland Hall until her father’s health is restored and her missionary work can continue in India.  Sir Ramsey would never remarry beneath his social class and Julia has a calling in India, but their hearts seem to tell them differently. 

I didn’t want this book to end and I read through it much too quickly!  If you like Julie Klassen novels you will love this book!  The character development is superb and I loved reading about English aristocrats in the early 1900s.  This a time period in England’s history that was really interesting to learn about.  I love the lessons about God’s goodness that this book demonstrates.  The tension and romance between the characters made for a great read.  This is my first book I have read by Carrie Turnasky and I was absolutely impressed!  I will be looking for other novels by this author.  Don’t miss out on this one!

Provided by the Publisher for review

 

No comments:

Post a Comment