Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Love on the Line


Love on the Line is Deeanne Gist’s newest novel.  Georgie Gail is the switchboard operator for Washington County Texas.  She is a fierce lover of birds, feisty and extremely proud of her independence.  Luke Palmer is supposed to be just another troubleman for SWT&T.  He is not suppose to be an undercover Texas Ranger hunting down train robbers, a crack shot when it comes to bird hunting and just so darn handsome.  As Luke tries to become a member of the elusive gang he is after and Georgie tries to protect her precious birds from ending up dead on hat because of the latest fashions; their worlds crash and crash hard.  Luke will have to protect Georgie and her birds and try to protect his stubborn heart at the same time. 

I adore Deeanne Gist.  She is hilarious and it is always such a joy to read her historical fiction.  She finds these incredible and often looked over bits of history and weaves them with romance, humor and action into a great novel.  Georgie, Luke and Bettina are fantastic characters that I cheered on the entire time.  I could not stop laughing and never knew how interesting birds are.  I have a whole new appreciation for the species.  You will enjoy this Hello Gal’s story as much as I did.  My only complaint is I tend to fly through her work much too quickly.

 
Love on the Line
 

No comments:

Post a Comment