Thursday, August 9, 2012

Raising Financially Confident Kids


Raising Financially Confident Kids by Mary Hunt gives insight to two of the most important things in our lives, kids and money.  Money management should be taught in the home and starting at a young age.  Children need to realize how to give, save, and become responsible money managers in the safety of their own home.  The book goes over savings and debt; giving guidelines on how to treat money according to God’s word.  Teaching children to respect money and learn how to manage it responsibly will help prepare them for adulthood.  Too many children leave home with zero awareness of money management and easy access to credit card debt.  This book equips the reader so that their child does not fall into the debt trap. 

My children are very young so I feel that this is a book that we will refer back to as they continue to grow.  I see several things that my husband and I can start implementing now that will not only equip our children for the future, but help us as well.  I love the idea of my children learning how to become healthy money managers in the safety of our home and plan on implementing the Financially Confident Kid plan.  I think children love any opportunity to have independence and the trust of their parents and this plan gives children the tools in money management to be successful.  I think my future son-in-laws will thank me someday for teaching my daughters money management skills early on!  I highly recommend this easy to read, easy to implement and practical guide to money management for kids! 

Available August 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

Provided by the publisher for review
Raising Financially Confident Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment