Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer of Promise


Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot is the story of Abigail and her journey to see her sister in remote and wild Wyoming.  Abigail senses that her sister Charlotte is unhappy as a newly married officer’s wife so far from family and sets out to spend the summer with her.  Abigail leaves lush and vibrant Vermont and plans to promptly return to her fianc√© and teaching job as soon as possible.  Her trip begins with excitement as her stagecoach is nearly robbed and doesn’t slow down as continual thefts haunt the fort.  Abigail will not only have to help her sister, but solve the thefts, help a desperate harlot and try not to fall in love with a dashing officer.  If she is not careful she will leave her heart in Wyoming! 

This was a great read and is the beginning of a series. I haven’t read any Amanda Cabot books before and I really enjoyed her work.  The continual thefts were a very exciting element and the mystery kept me guessing until the very end.  Abigail was a very devoted character and I was rooting for her to choose a new life in Wyoming over going back to Vermont!  I am a dog person so I absolutely loved Puddles!  Oh and I can’t forget the love story-very sweet and satisfying! 
Summer of Promise (Westward Winds, Book 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment