Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Let's Sing a Lullaby with the Brave Cowboy

 
Let’s Sing a Lulliby with the Brave Cowboy is Jan Thomas’s latest book.  The brave cowboy is trying to sing his cows a lullaby goodnight, but keeps getting interrupted by such scary things as a flower that he thought was a spider, a stick he thought was a snake and so on.  He finally convinces himself to stop screaming like a little girl every time something looks scary when a wolf shows up.  How will the brave cowboy protect his cows from the wolf?  By singing his lullaby of course! 
I am a huge Jan Thomas fan and I absolutely adore this charming new western!  Her illustrations are always very vivid, amusing and absolutely jump off the pages.  When I was a librarian I always used her books for read alouds and now that I am a full-time mommy she is now a very special part of my own children’s day.  I love that her stories are not only great for beginning readers to practice on, but are always so fun.  She is just as good as Mo Willems and all of her titles belong on your keeper shelf!

Provided by the publisher for review

Let's Sing a Lullaby with the Brave Cowboy

No comments:

Post a Comment