Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Night Before Father's Day


I am really excited to start reviewing children’s books on my blog! My daughter and I loved The Night Before Father’s Day and I wanted to share.  
The Night Before Father’s Day by Natasha Wing is a really sweet Father’s Day rhyming story based off the poem, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.'  In this story two young children help their mom plan a special Father’s Day surprise.  The trio clean out the garage, wash the car, make breakfast in bed for dad and give him a homemade card.  Dad is very touched by their efforts and the story ends with a Sunday drive in his sharp looking car. 

I really enjoy this author and have used several of her books as a teacher and librarian.  It was really fun to read this to my three year old.  It made her so excited about Father’s Day and we read it at least once a day since we got it.  I appreciate how the book shows doing an act of service can be a wonderful gift.  This book gave a lot of great ideas that dad will appreciate and not cost any money.  This author will help you celebrate every subject from camping to a visit from a tooth fairy.  This latest book will sure to be a hit with your family as it was with mine. 

Provided by the Publisher for Review
The Night Before Father's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment