Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Reluctant Queen Book Review

A Reluctant Queen by Joan Wolf is the bible story of how a simple Jewish girl became queen and saved a nation. 
I absolutely love Christian historical fiction based on the bible.  The book of Esther is one of my favorite books in the bible and I thought that A Reluctant Queen was a beautiful interpretation.  I felt that Wolf had a real grasp on the time era and has definitely done her research.  I am sucker for a good romance and I loved watching Esther reluctantly fall in love with the king.  Her take on Mordecai and Haman were really interesting.  The only odd thing was that the bible story of Esther the king is named Xerxes. Wolf named the king in her story Ahasuerus. Other than that one detail it was great!  I would highly recommend this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment